Our 8U program is brand new this year and the goal is to get your child to learn the fundamentals of the sport and have a great time in the process. We start our "season" this coming Friday (March 3rd) and it will continue through Friday May 5th. Practice will be every Friday from 5:00-6:30 pm at Livermore field (974 Carter Street Folsom, CA 95630). The format of each practice will be as follows:
- The first half of practice will be learning the fundamental skills of the sport (Catching, Throwing, Cradling, Shooting, Ground Balls, Defensive Body Positioning).
- The second half of practice will be a scrimmage known as speed lacrosse, where we play a basketball style game of lacrosse.
For practice, please have your child bring the following:
- Lacrosse Stick (if you have not yet purchased one, please email FLA so we can bring extra). If you are looking for recommendations on what stick to buy, please visit the following links:
a. Boys- String King Complete Jr.- http://www.lax.com/lacrosse-equipment/stringking-complete-jr-3
b. Girls- STX Starter kit (or just the stick)- http://www.lax.com/lacrosse-equipment/stx-exult-youth-package-punch
or Maverik kit- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EU24BZO/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_lDqTybRE00K7D
2. Water- there is a fountain at Livermore, but personal waters seem to work best
3. Cleats- soccer or football cleats...No baseball/softball cleats.
4. Athletic wear (shorts/sweats and if cold, perhaps a long sleeve)
5. Boys- an athletic supporter (cup)
Note: There is no need for helmets/goggles, shoulder pads, gloves, arm pads etc. We play 8U with soft balls and no checking (body or stick).
We still have room for registration, so if you are interested please click REGISTER NOW on our home page.